See the latest News about Expara and our portfolio companies
- "Startup Valuation & Beyond" a special seminar held last May 4, 2018 at Professor Sungvian Indaravijaya Auditorium, The Stock Exchange of Thailand where Douglas Abrams talked about Valuation & Beyond – Understanding VC Term Sheet and joined the Panel Discussion: Reflections from International VCs
- 2/18 TCELS Demo Day in Asia Morning News
- 2/18 Two med-tech accelerate winners touted for commercial success - The Nation
- 12/16 Congratulations CLAS Healthcare, one of our graduates in the first batch CLAS Expara Vietnam Accelerator (CEVA) for winning the ASEAN Rice Bowl Startup Award, Best Life Science/Med Tech Startup.
- 12/15 We are delighted to share another milestone for Lumani, one of our portfolio companies. Lumani has been chosen as one of the TOP 25 Smart City Solution Providers.
- 11/15 Douglas Abrams, Expara’s Managing Director was recently interviewed by Channel News Asia regarding Women in Singapore – a minority in tech sector.
- 11/13 Our MD, Douglas Abrams interviewed by Linh Vuong of Tia Sang magazine, Vietnam
- 10/05 Expara Ventures leads $400,000 funding in lifestyle startup WisePass (dealstreetasia)
- 10/05 We are thrilled to introduce and welcome WisePass, the latest company to join the growing Expara Ventures Fund III portfolio.They were recently featured by e27.
- 10/03 The Straits Times featured one of our hottest portfolio companies, Lumani
- 9/14 e27 featured today one of our portfolio companies, Hiip which utilizes analytics to interface promoters with influencers. Well done Hiip!
- 9/13 Our portfolio Lumani Pte Ltd has recently partnered with Singapore Polytechnic to influence students on future trends in Smart Building IoT
- 9/4 Lumani, the latest company to join the growing Expara Ventures Fund III portfolio got fetured in Business Times today. Lumani is passionate about looking for small, effective changes to benefit the environment, and seeks to inspire change and build environmental consciousness among Singaporeans.
- 8/21 Asia Tech Podcast recently did an awe-inspiring interview with Don Phan and Adrian Latortue, co-founders of Embe (Expara's portoflio company)
- 8/15 Artur Luhaaar, CEO of Smartly, one of our portfolio companies made a TV appearance at CNBC recently. Listen as he details how his business attempts to get millennials to invest via a digital platform
- 6/16 Government Savings Bank's SMEs Trust Fund launches $44m VC units
- 6/19 Signing ceremony Private Equity Trust II with GSB
- 5/4 We have recently closed investments into two of our CLAS-Expara Vietnam Accelerator Batch One companies: Hiip and Cloudjet Solutions.
- 4/24 Expara has been selected as the manager for SMEs Private Equity Trust Fund by the Government Savings Bank (GSB) of Thailand
- 3/29 Exclusive feature by Dealstreetasia: Expara mulls new fund, hikes EV-III vehicle size to $21.5m
- 11/14 Bangkok Post Article - Our CEO, Mr. Douglas Abrams shares his views on VC industry in Southeast Asia
- 11/14 Expara signs MOU with Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences (TCELS) and Bualuang Ventures (Bangkok Bank) to support Life Sciences startups (bangkokbiznews)
- 11/08 2c2p is one of the most well-funded tech startups in SEA according to CBINSIGHTS.COM
- 11/07 Smartly's CEO, Keir Veskivi shared his views on the robo-advisory space with Allan Tan (http://www.enterpriseinnovation.net)
- 10/10 Great article by Techinasia on CLAS - Expara Vietnam Accelerator Batch 1 Alumni, Hiip and its founder Phi Nguyen
- 09/05 Congratulations to our portfolio company, CoAssets on your ASX listing (www.businesstimes.com.sg)
- 08/30 Nice introduction by Vulcan Post on Expara's portfolio company, Smartly and its founders, Artur & Keir
- 08/20 Our CEO, Douglas Abrams will be on stage at Techsauce this Sunday, July 24 at 15:30-16:00
- 08/17 Very proud to see ShopVenture, one of Expara's portfolio companies featured on InStyle magazine
- 07/16 Flying Chalks emerges 2nd at EPIC'S "Startup Pitching Competition"
- 07/05 Mostnews psi246 features 1st batch of startups in our Life Science Mentorship Program in association with Thailand Centre of Excellence in Life Science (TCELS)
- 07/03 Smartly, one of our portfolio companies is mentioned in Business Insider's article. They are launching soon for Beta.
- 06/27 CoAssets in theBull.com.au article: 2 Upcoming FinTech IPOs
- 06/22 Expara and Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences (TCELS) i-MEDBOT Innovation Contest 2016 is highlighted in Thansettakij
- 06/21 Siamphone features i-MEDBOT Innovation Contest 2016
- 06/21 “Let’s be early" - Great interview of The Entrepreneur Podcast - Asia with our CEO, Douglas Abrams
- 05/30 Thailand Center of Excellence for Life Sciences (TCELS) organizes i-MedBot Innovation Contest 2016 in cooperation with Expara
- 05/10 Smartly is featured in Turtle Investor
- 05/09 Getty Goh, CoAssets CEO and co-founder shares his insights on transitioning a start-up to an Australian listed company (http://www.fintechbusiness.com)
- 04/29 Techinasia: BoxGreen, a healthy snacks start-up gets seed funding from Expara Ventures and 500Startups
- 04/29 Dealstreetasia: BoxGreen secures $335k in round co-led by Expara, 500 Startups
- 04/29 Mr. Douglas Abrams is one of the panelists in Startup Thailand's International VC and Investment Opportunities for Thai Startups Panel Discussion
- 03/29 Straitstimes: Singapore SME raises $200,000 in 30 minutes on crowdfunding site CoAssets
- 03/20 CoAssets' COO, Lawrence Lim in CNBC
- 03/18 Aung Kyaw Moe, 2c2p's CEO, in the cover of InDepth (MYANMORE)
- 03/11 Smartly, one of our portfolios has been nominated for the Benzinga Fintech Awards as one of the few Singaporean Fintech companies in the competition.
- 02/26 Our portfolio, STYLHUNT is one of the 1st two Thai startups to be featured on The Entrepreneur Podcast – Asia
- 02/17 Smartly, the first robo-advisor in Singapore (http://fintechnews.sg)
- 07/21 Expara presenting the value of investing through VCs at Casean
- 07/13 Dealstreetasia: First close for Expara’s S$30m fund
- 07/09 Expara has been selected by the Japanese government agency NEDO as a Certified Venture Capital Firm in their Technology-based Startup Support Program
- 07/07 The sindey Morning Herald: Real estate crowdfunding site CoAssets to list on NSX
- 02/12 Dealstreetasia: CoAssets gets S$1m Series A funding
- 02/03 Douglas Abrams is one of the judges at Startup Weekend Education in Bangkok
- 09/26 Expara has partnered with the Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) to organize and manage iSTART@Thailand
- 09/23 Event manager turned tech entrepreneur – Singapore’s Krystal Choo on starting ZipTrip
- 09/01 Douglas Abrams' interview in Your Story